Friday, June 29, 2012

June 29, 2012

June 29, 2012

 This is my Summer blog. here's what I've been doing....
First I redecorated my room. I got rid of the princess stuff and put in polka dots. Here is what is looks like...


Then I needed new pillows. So I made these...





Then we decided to make a bandana shirt. We went to Hancock Fabrics to get everything (except for the sewing machine). When we got there I decided to make a poodle skirt instead. My mom helped me. Here is what it looks like...

I have worn this skirt everyday and now it is dirty and smells bad. Does anybody know how to wash felt??? Anybody out there? Please!!!!!!

Today we made the bandana shirt. I like it. Here are the steps.

First I had to iron the bandanas.

Then I measured nine inches from the top. This is for the arm holes.

Next I pinned the sides together. The had to have the right sides facing each other.

After that I sewed the sides together and folded the top over 2 inches and sewed a pocket for the straps.


Then I put the straps in the pocket. My mom had to help me because it was hard.

This is what it looked like after I did all of that work.
Now it is time to go to bed. I will let you know I do next. We have fun things planned. I can't wait.




5 comments:

  1. This is a great blog Aislinn. I think you should write about what you are reading.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bandana top! I think your going to be a great writer too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear AJ:
    Wow! Sounds like you are having a busy, fun summer. I remember sewing with Liz and Sarah making pj's. Your bandana shirt and poodle skirt look nice on you. I enjoyed reading about your visit to the caves. It is such a great place to go when the weather is so hot! Looking forward to reading more about your summer.
    Love,
    Great Aunt Pam Jones

    ReplyDelete